Open Position: Senior Front-End Developer
Toronto (Fully Remote Available)
4 years ago, we built a simple MVP that helped soil receiving sites manage incoming truckloads and customer accounts. Our first two early adopters were a Fortune 50 company and a $12B infrastructure project.
In April 2020, we rebuilt the entire web application in React with a focus on global scalability.
Today, SoilFLO provides software to companies operating within the land development supply chain. From condo digs to quarry rehabs, to some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think: highways and tunnels). We build tools for earthmovers that tackle their biggest environmental, operational, and commercial inefficiencies.
On any given project, SoilFLO is used by:
- Project owners (i.e. municipality, real-estate developer)
- Excavators environmental consultants
- Fill sites (i.e. quarry, landfill)
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to help build S L I C K tools for earthmovers. With a growing customer base and new soil regulations emerging in Canada, U.S., U.K., and Australia, now is the time to jump on board.
This is a senior front-end development role – you’ll be responsible for owning major features in the product and delivering scale. The team is made up of frontend and full-stack developers who you’ll learn from and mentor, with plenty of freedom and flexibility to decide what to work on and how to improve our technology and processes.
You’ll ship to production on your first day, a small improvement in your first week, a large full-stack feature in your first month, and ship a major performance improvement to support scale within 3 months.
You program in multiple languages, understand core principles of application development, keep everyone up to date with great communication, and are pragmatic about balancing business, product, and, engineering needs.
You have experience maintaining large-scale applications, and have optimized frontend projects for performance and scalability.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience building frontend component libraries
- Experience handling complex state management (e.g. MobX, Redux, React Context)
- Experience with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Up-to-date with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability Strong verbal and written English communication
- Nice to have – typescript experience with graphing and GIS libraries
- An autonomous environment with the opportunity to directly impact the success of SoilFLO
- A culture dedicated to your constant learning and growth
- Competitive salary and options
- Perks including flexible hours, remote-work days (office is the corner of Dufferin and Eglinton), and health benefits
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume attached.
If you are missing some of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply as we recognize many skillsets developed in other career paths are transferrable.
Include a brief description of yourself and “Senior Front-End Developer – Your Name” in the subject title.
Looking forward to reviewing your application!