Open Position: Product Designer
We're looking for a product designer to help build S L I C K tools for earthmovers.
Toronto / Full-time
SoilFLO is changing the way earthworks are managed.
From condo digs to quarry rehabs, to some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, we’re building tools for hard-working construction and environmental teams to tack their biggest issues around cost control, administration, and compliance.
We are a true technology startup. The opportunity for upward mobility is immense and we are always looking for individuals who will help us continue to grow and innovate.
4 years ago, we built a simple MVP that helped soil receiving sites manage incoming truckloads and customer accounts. Our first two early adopters were a Fortune 50 company and a $12B infrastructure project.
In April 2020, we rebuilt the entire web application in React with a focus on global scalability.
On any given project, SoilFLO is used by:
- Project owners (i.e. municipality, real-estate developer)
- Environmental consultants
- Fill sites (i.e. quarry, landfill)
We’re looking for a product designer to help build S L I C K tools for earthmovers.
With a growing customer base and new environmental regulations emerging in Canada, U.S., U.K., and Australia: now is the time to jump on board 🚀
As our first dedicated product designer, you’ll define and steer our design system and visual language across our product and brand.
You will own visual design and prototyping for our product roadmap, and work collaboratively with founders and teammates to bring ideas to life.
- You have designed B2B products that are simple-to-use yet effective, and can balance the two on a tight timeline.
- You’ve designed executive dashboards and challenge yourself to present data as effectively as possible. You have strong visual skills and understand layout, typography, and information hierarchy.
- You’re comfortable collaborating in modern design tools like Figma, AdobeXD, and Zepelin, and excel in fast, iterative design processes.
- You can take a mobile-first design approach, and tackle the complexities of responsive web design.
- You have experience with wireframing, visual design, and prototyping slick web experiences, preferably with some exposure to designing for construction-tech or prop-tech uses cases.
- Bonus: You have a passion for branding and creating stunning visuals that help bring our brand to life. Experience with design tools like Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached using the subject line “Product Designer – and your name”
We’re a lean & remote-first team headquartered in Toronto (Dufferin/Eglinton). Much like the Excavation industry, we run a tight ship without any unnecessary meetings or processes.
Get in touch with us today – we’re always down to talk dirt.