Open Position: Accountant
Toronto (Partial Remote Available)
SoilFLO is changing the way earthworks is managed on construction sites.
From residential home building to quarry rehabs, to some of the world’s most significant highway and pipeline projects, SoilFLO aims to improve the operations of both environmental and project management teams.
Our first two early adopters were a Fortune 50 company and a $12B infrastructure project. Since then, we’ve become Ontario’s market leader and begun international expansion.
Based out of Toronto, Canada, we are a true tech startup growing fast.
The opportunity for upward mobility is immense and we are always looking for individuals who will help us continue to grow and innovate.
SoilFLO is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Senior Accountant who will be a key member of SoilFLO’s accounting and finance team.
The Accountant will report to the VP of Finance and be responsible for day-to-day operations, including month-end processes, performing reconciliations, full cycle accounting, and more.
In this position, you will ensure that all accounting and finance operations run smoothly.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is highly organized, takes the initiative, and thrives in an energetic, start-up work environment.
This position is a hybrid role, with the expection to be in our Toronto office approximately once a week.
Execute monthly invoicing, reconcile journal entries, analyze financial statements
Monitor and review bank and credit card reconciliations
Manage bill approvals and communicate with other departments regarding expenses
Manage vendors, track expenses, and process credit card payments
Evaluate current controls and ensure adherence to existing internal control processes, accounting policies, and procedures
Prepare analysis and reporting for monthly financial result meetings
Assist with the preparation of year-end audits
Participate in ad-hoc projects and reporting as required
- University Degree in accounting or related field
- At least 3 years experience in a finance department role, with full cycle accounting knowledge in IFRS or public accounting experience, is a strong asset
- Experience with Quickbooks heavily favoured
- Advanced in MS Excel and a good understanding of MS Office Suite
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize workflows
- Excellent communication skills and with a strong desire to work collaboratively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to embrace ambiguity
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can still handle the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Options in SoilFLO
- Healthy Living Account ($1,000 annually for health-related purchases)
- Flexible hours, remote-work options
- A culture that values transparency, autonomy, employee wellness and work/life balance
Please send an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached, addressed to Colton.
Our team believes good talent comes from many different places. Even if you don’t meet some of the qualifications above, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Include a brief description of yourself and “Accountant – Your Name” in the subject title.